December 9, 2021
10 Sales Email Sequence Software Tools for Sales Engagement and Automation
- What to look for in sales email sequence software?
- The best sales email sequence tools to automate your sales
- Getting the best out of your sales team
Imagine there was a prospecting solution that could help you scale your outreach and keep your conversations human?
And what if it was for more than just top-of-the-funnel sales—wouldn’t that turn revenue teams into winners?
Well, sales email sequence software tools can make a huge difference at every stage of the customer journey!
Now, knowing that sequence emails can empower your reps to hit their targets throughout the sales funnel, you need to know which tool will work best for your team.
We’ve done the research, combed through the data, analyzed the features, and worked out the pricing 😎 so you can take your pick from our rundown of the best solutions for email sequences and sales automation.
- What to look for in sales email sequence software
- Which are the best sales email sequence tools to automate your sales
- How to get the best out of your sales team
What to look for in sales email sequence software
Many of your team’s emails go unanswered—no problem! That’s why there are email sequence tools for optimized prospecting and sales interactions.
With the right software solution in place, one overlooked email doesn’t mean you stay ignored forever.
But it doesn't mean the right software is all you need, successful spray and pray days are long gone.
Next to great software, you will need a customer-centric outreach strategy, where you will add value to your prospects and customers every step of the way. With this in mind, here is what you should keep in mind when choosing the right email sequence software that will help you execute the customer-first strategy.
Related Post: 7 Sales Email Sequence Examples to Help You Close More Deals
First and foremost is a clear vision of your team’s needs—as individuals working to meet their targets and as part of a team with a mission and long-term goals.
To define it, ask yourself the following sales engagement questions:
Does it solve your problem?
Some sales teams really need a quick, simple solution to email sequencing. In this case, you’re probably a small team just getting started.
In which case, you’ll want to minimize outgoings while you grow your operations—without investing in the engagement tools that can really make a difference when you’re ready to scale.
But then again, maybe you’re a bigger team...
...and there are issues you need to address.
Some of these might be:
- Reps working inefficiently in their browsers
You need a sales engagement platform with features built into Gmail so your team can keep using all their tools and apps without ever having to hop around tabs
- AEs struggling to record data accurately
Look for smart automation for your data entry needs
- Your sales team doesn’t spend enough time doing sales!
Find sales automation software that will create workflows to save your teams time and keep them focused on improving results
Does it fit your sales process?
Just as you need a software solution that deals with the specific issues you’ve identified, you need one that suits your overall sales process.
If you’re an enterprise-level organization, even if you start looking for a straightforward solution, ask yourself: does this software meet the administrative needs and performance requirements of a hundred-strong sales team?
Likewise, don’t opt for a solution whose capability outstrips your needs—this isn’t just a case of being cost-effective—you also need to be sure that software onboarding isn’t a drain, which we talk about next...
How easy is it to use?
It doesn’t matter how perfect you think a software solution is, it won’t help your sales if reps are like...
You need a software solution that’s going to be easy to take up and doesn’t require a dedicated administrator, or else there’s a risk your team will end up resorting to old habits if they can’t get to grips with the software fast enough.
The adoption rate of software solutions is a crucial factor in their success—so choose an intuitive email sequence tool that will automate tasks, speed up processes, make data more accurate, and that’s so easy to use you won’t have to twist your reps’ arms to get them to buy-in.
The best sales email sequence tools to automate your sales
If you want more efficiency and better results from your sales teams, see below for our breakdown of the best email sequence tools for sales engagement and automation.
Mixmax’s email sequence and sales engagement software is lightning-quick to use—Mixmax customers go live in less than 1 day and see a positive ROI in less than 6 months.
Its easy-to-build email templates and multi-channel sequences, enable your reps to start more conversations with prospects and customers across email, phone, and social media. Mixmax was built to help sales and success teams scale personalized, customer-centric communication.
It comes with a powerful automation engine and offers a real-time sync integration with Salesforce, thus eliminating all repetitive tasks and organizing reps' workflows.
Engagement features like in-email polls & surveys, beautiful link or PDF previews, and one-click calendar scheduling make emails sent via Mixmax truly stand out.
- Consider this if: you are looking to scale personalized outreach and make serial winners out of your sales team with a sales engagement platform that goes beyond email sequencing and email tracking, and offers data-driven insights, smart sending, syncs with Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoom, Slack and DocuSign—all instantly integrated into Gmail
- Pricing: Growth is the most popular plan at $49/month per user (you can use our quantification tool to calculate just how much time your sales team can save)
Looking for a sales email sequence tool to help scale your sales process? Close deals, hit targets, and drive revenue with Mixmax email sequences and engagement software 👉 Request a demo
Aimed at corporates, Outreach is one of the best-known operators in the email sequence software business, offering real-time guidance and workflows for big organizations and their sales teams. It usually requires a dedicated admin and a sales enablement program to onboard new users.
Outreach’s AI assistance tool helps SDRs make data-driven decisions and guides the prospecting process.
- Consider this if: you’re a large enterprise with complex sales processes that wants a big range of powerful tools to automate manual processes, track activity, have greater visibility into deals and buyers, with a data-driven solution for your sales teams.
- Pricing: Starts at $140/month per user
Similar to Outreach, Salesloft started as a prospecting solution only to grow into what they call a Modern Revenue Workspace platform, which is built on the principles of driving action and engagement, data and AI being incorporated into the workflow, and revenue team alignment.
Recent updates include additional workflows, dashboard customizations, mobile access, and cadence enhancements.
- Consider this if: you’re a large enterprise looking to manage complex prospecting processes and leverage AI insights
- Pricing: Starts at $75/month per user
Groove is catered for enterprises using Salesforce.
As well as email sequence tools, Groove offers lead scoring and content writing. With tools for forecasting and reporting, Groove streamlines administration and helps improve team collaboration.
- Consider this if: you’re a mid-market company that needs Salesforce integration
- Pricing: Starts at $12/month per feature
5. InsideSales Playbooks
Formerly known as Xant Playbooks (we’ll just stick with Playbooks for now), Playbooks manages prospecting and cadence, automates admin tasks, and uses AI to predict the ideal time to contact buyers.
The Playbooks app has a user-friendly interface and includes the Gamification feature. This encourages competition within the sales team by giving you the chance to create KPIs so reps can earn points and rank on a leaderboard.
- Consider this if: you’re a sales team in a large enterprise wanting broad and intuitive functionality, and a buyer intelligence solution
- Pricing: By quote only
Yesware was one of the sequencing solutions and it became famous for its email tracking. It is quick and easy to get started and offers a simple, handy option for small businesses that don’t need the latest tools innovative tech companies are after.
Yesware’s ideal for teams who just want reliable email tracking to see who’s responsive to communications. Also, its templates and template reports are straightforward to use and customize.
- Consider this if: you’re a small sales team using Outlook looking for a light, cost-effective solution for email tracking
- Pricing: Premium is the most popular plan at $35/month per user, but the Pro plan is available for just $15/month per user
Klenty is an email sequencing solution that integrates with Freshsales, Hubspot, Pipedrive, and Zoho, allowing for importing contacts, syncing emails, and task creation with triggers.
One cool feature with Klenty is its Klenty Academy knowledge base, which provides learning materials for new users.
- Consider this if: you’re a mid-sized sales team using Freshsales or Zoho CRM
- Pricing: Growth is the most popular plan at $60/month per user
Overloop, formerly known as Prospect.io, offers a range of prospecting and lead management solutions with workflow integrations.
Overloop includes an Email Finder feature for which you buy credits on top of your monthly subscription to build your pipeline and create cold emailing campaigns.
- Consider this if: you want to kick off large-volume cold emailing campaigns
- Pricing: The advanced plan is $79/month per user, with additional costs depending on the number of credits you wish to use for the Email Finder feature ($99/month per user for 1000 credits)
9. HubSpot Sales Hub
Hubspot is a big CRM platform with a number of key products, or hubs, of which sales software is one.
Like its other products, you can use the Sales Hub in isolation, although Hubspot is really designed for all its tools to be utilized as an all-encompassing sales and marketing platform for your organization’s needs.
- Consider this if: you’re a big enterprise looking for an all-in-one solution for your sales, marketing, customer service, and content management teams
- Pricing: The Professional plan starts at $375/month for a minimum of 5 paid users, with $75/month more for each additional paid user
QuickMail’s email sequence platform includes powerful features for teams that need to send personalized campaigns at scale.
You can use attributes to personalize every email you send and automatically follow-up with prospects to give you the best response rates. You can use QuickMail’s unique inbox rotation to spread your sending volume across multiple team inboxes and even manage multiple clients from one account.
- Consider this if: you’re a growing outreach agency or team with multiple SDRs
- Pricing: Starts at $49/month
Getting the best out of your sales team
To really get ticking, your sales team needs to operate fast and intuitively. Reps need to cut out the distraction of repetitive manual tasks, and they need to scale up their efforts and create smart, fun, personalized interactions to engage their prospects. But how?
The secret’s in the software.
The right sales email sequence tool can do far more for your team than automate scheduled sales touchpoints—it empowers your reps to do what they do best—work prospects down the funnel and close deals.
For your sales team to deliver on their targets, they need:
- Integrations with Salesforce, Pipedrive, LinkedIn, and Slack
- Easily customizable Gmail templates
- Email tracking, reminders, and alerts
- Fantastic engagement tools
- Quick and easy software implementation
Now that’s how to get a team of winners 🏆