Be a workplace hero from home
April 6, 2020
Like many of you, we at Mixmax are adjusting to an uncertain new world in light of the global outbreak of COVID-19. We closed our SF office a few weeks ago and have been functioning as a fully distributed company since. Fortunately, about 40% of Mixmax employees were already remote, so working effectively across screens and time zones was already built into our culture. We're grateful that the transition has been smoother for us than most, so we’ve decided to share a few things we’ve learned.
- Practice empathy and patience with your colleagues and with yourself. It's always important to feel supported at work, but especially so in times of crisis.
- Find ways to bring the team together online. Hosting remote game nights, coffee socials, or happy hours helps to boost morale and strengthen bonds.
- Continue celebrating wins, even if they seem small. We all need reminders that we’re doing good work and that we’re in this together.
Our mission at Mixmax is to help create a world without busywork, and we want to make sure you have the tools you need to enable your team’s productivity.
Here are some Mixmax features you can take advantage of to help you work more efficiently from home:
- Video conferencing is the new normal for work meetings. Avoid that awkward moment of scrambling to send a Zoom link right before the meeting starts. Automatically add one to your calendar events with Meeting Templates.
- Not sure if your colleague has seen your email (no more popping over to their desk to make sure...)? With e-mail tracking, you can see how many times your e-mail has been opened and if your attachments have been downloaded. You can also set up Smart Notifications to remind you to follow up when you haven’t heard from them in a couple of days.
- Eliminate repetitive tasks from your workday so you can focus on what’s most important. Use Rules to send celebratory e-mails when deals close, update your Slack status when you're in a meeting, and much more.
We are currently working on a couple more features to help you collaborate better and chat easier with your coworkers 😉. We can’t wait to share with you soon!
We hope that Mixmax can help you stay safe and productive in these uncertain times. Please feel free to contact us with suggestions on what else we can do to help you. Let's continue to bring out the best in each other!