If you’re reading this article, you’re looking for Apollo.io alternatives (clearly).
And we don’t blame you.
If you’re not vetting different solutions, you might end up with a sales engagement and intelligence solution that’s incompatible with your teams' needs.
You’ll have wasted time, effort, and money on something that doesn’t work for you. And then you’d be stuck having to choose between two scenarios:
- Keeping the solution because you think it’s too late to turn back and everyone will hate you if you do because they’ve already spent weeks learning how to use it.
- Looking for a new solution that’s actually right for your team and that has an easy enough implementation process that makes the switch worth it.
If you’re already using Apollo.io and aren’t happy with the results, this is your sign that it’s never too late to switch.
And if you haven’t made a decision yet, let’s help you find out whether Apollo.io is going to make you happy, or if there are other solutions better suited for your needs.
Before we dive in (and before you waste your life reading through the entire blog), we want to mention that Apollo.io is primarily a sales/data intelligence platform, but it also has some sales engagement features.
Ok, let’s go.
Who is Apollo.io for?
Apollo.io is a sales intelligence platform that provides data-driven insights to help sales teams close more deals.
Target market for Apollo.io
- Sales teams in B2B organizations.
- Startups and medium-to-large size companies.
- Teams looking for a data intelligence platform.
- Comprehensive B2B database: Provides access to a vast database of B2B contacts, companies, and other relevant information. The database is constantly updated to ensure the accuracy and freshness of the data.
- AI-driven prospecting: Uses artificial intelligence to help sales teams identify the best prospects for their products or services. It also includes job change alerts to keep sales teams up-to-date on changes within their target accounts.
- Buying intent data: Provides insights into the buying behavior of prospects, including their level of interest and the likelihood of them making a purchase.
- Lead scoring: Uses algorithms and data to assign a score to each prospect, indicating their likelihood of becoming a customer. This helps sales teams prioritize their outreach efforts.
- Data enrichment: Enhances the data in the database by adding additional information, such as job titles, email addresses, and social profiles, to help sales teams have more detailed and up-to-date information about their prospects.
- Sequences: Automates email outreach based on pre-set rules.
Although Apollo.io offers some sales engagement functionality such as email automation, templates, and sequences, it’s not its strong suit. Apollo.io is generally used alongside other sales engagement platforms.
So if you’re looking for a full-fledged sales engagement solution, Apollo.io isn’t it. If you’re looking for a data intelligence solution, it might be the right fit for your team.
Let’s take a closer look.
How much does Apollo.io cost?
Here’s a breakdown of how much Apollo.io costs for basic users, professionals, and large organizations:
Basic: $39 per user/month (billed annually)
Professional: $79 per user/month (billed annually)
Organization: $79 per user/month (billed annually – minimum 5 users)
14-day free trial available
Apollo.io alternatives: Data intelligence
ZoomInfo is Apollo.io’s #1 worst enemy competitor.
ZoomInfo Sales OS offers a powerful sales intelligence platform that provides sales teams with access to a comprehensive database of B2B contacts and companies. It's designed to help sales teams find and engage with the right prospects.
- Contact database: A database of millions of business contacts, including job titles, direct dials, and email addresses.
- Company information: In-depth information about companies, including size, location, industry, and more.
- Lead generation: Tools that can help sales teams identify and engage with new prospects. These tools use a combination of data and AI to prioritize leads based on their fit, behavior, and intent.
- Reporting and analytics: Sales teams can track their performance and make data-driven decisions about their outreach efforts.
Professional+: Custom pricing
Advanced+: Custom pricing
Elite+: Custom pricing
Free trial available
Main differences between ZoomInfo and Apollo.io
ZoomInfo is a B2B data provider, while Apollo.io is a sales acceleration platform that leverages AI and includes data as one of its core components.
Lusha is a sales intelligence platform that provides sales teams with accurate and up-to-date B2B contact information such as phone numbers and email addresses for their target prospects.
- Data enrichment: Ensures that its database of contact information is up-to-date and accurate in real time.
- Mobile app: Allows sales teams to access their contact information on the go, so they can be more productive and efficient while away from their desks.
- Lead generation: Allows sales teams to automatically identify and engage with high-quality prospects.
- Reporting and analytics: Sales teams can gain insights into their outreach results and make informed decisions to improve their results over time.
Pro: $29 per user/month (billed annually)
Premium: $51 per user/month (billed annually)
Scale: Custom pricing
Free trial available
Main differences between Lusha and Apollo.io
Apollo.io offers a wider range of features, including lead scoring, buying intent data, and sequencing capabilities, as well as a comprehensive B2B database. Lusha, on the other hand, focuses primarily on verifying and enriching contact data.
Rocketreach is a sales intelligence and lead generation platform that provides B2B data and contact information to help sales teams find and reach out to the right prospects. Rocketreach's platform offers a range of data and information, including company information, professional email addresses, phone numbers, and social media profiles.
- B2B database: Includes information on millions of companies and professionals, including contact details, social media profiles, and other relevant information.
- Lead generation: Includes the ability to search for prospects by company, location, industry, job title, and other criteria.
- Data accuracy: Rocketreach places a high emphasis on data accuracy and uses a combination of human verification and proprietary algorithms to ensure that its data is up-to-date and reliable.
- Email verification: Helps sales teams improve the accuracy and deliverability of their emails by verifying the email addresses of prospects before they send emails.
- Chrome extension: Lets salespeople discover leads on Google, Angelist, Crunchbase, and LinkedIn.
Essentials (Email Only): $39/month (billed annually)
Pro (Email+Phone): $99/month (billed annually)
Ultimate (Email+Phone): $249/month (billed annually)
Main differences between Rocketreach and Apollo.io
Overall, the main difference between Apollo.io and Rocketreach is the scope and focus of their respective platforms. While both platforms are designed to help sales teams find and reach out to the right prospects, Apollo.io offers a more comprehensive suite of sales intelligence and prospecting tools, while Rocketreach primarily focuses on lead generation.
Apollo.io alternatives: Sales engagement
Mixmax is the BEST. All hail Mixmax.
Kidding. We're not that obnoxious.
Here are some facts about Mixmax and how it differs from Apollo.io.
Mixmax is a sales engagement solution through and through and it’s built for the entire revenue team. That’s what its primary function is. It helps sales and CS teams focus on relevance, personalization, and conducting in-depth prospect research instead of performing manual tasks like updating Salesforce, setting up individual follow-up reminders, and so on.
Plus it sits on top of Gmail so sales reps can perform essential tasks without leaving their inbox.
- Multi-channel sequencing: Allows users to create a series of custom email, SMS, or LinkedIn messages that will be sent automatically to a recipient at specific intervals. This can help sellers reach prospects and customers on their preferred channel, increasing the chances of engagement.
- Email enhancements: Sales and CS can boost reply rates with Mixmax’s built-in email enhancements, including one-click meetings, embedded polls and surveys, GIFs, link previews, Gmail shortcut commands, and a ton of other nifty features.
- Workflow rules: Helps salespeople automate tasks and processes within their email workflow by creating rules that trigger actions based on specific conditions (e.g., when an email is viewed 3x, when a link is clicked, when a meeting is scheduled, etc.).
- Salesforce & app integrations: Mixmax integrates with Salesforce, Slack, Gong, Google Calendar, LinkedIn, and a ton of other apps. Revenue teams can automate CRM data entry, set up Slack notifications based on certain actions, analyze their sales calls, book meetings with one click, and access LinkedIn InMail through their inbox. View all integrations here.
- Email tracking: Lets users track email open rates, reply rates, link clicks, and downloads all through a detailed and easy-to-navigate dashboard. This helps revenue teams make data-driven decisions on future outreach efforts.
Growth + Salesforce: $69 per user/month (billed annually)
Growth: $49 per user/month (billed annually)
SMB: $24 per user/month (billed annually)
Enterprise: Custom pricing
14-day free trial available
Main differences between Mixmax and Apollo.io
The main difference between Mixmax and Apollo.io is that Mixmax is primarily a sales engagement solution, whereas Apollo.io is a lead generation and data intelligence tool. Although Apollo.io has some sales engagement functionality like sequencing and email tracking, it is not as refined as Mixmax’s features. Note that Mixmax and Apollo.io can be used in parallel as two distinct platforms in a sales tech stack.
Outreach is a powerful sales engagement tool built for mid-market to enterprise organizations with segmented territories and junior SDR teams. Its got all the bells and whistles in terms of features and functionality and is accessible through its own separate platform, outside of the inbox.
- Email templates: Allows users to create customizable email templates that sales teams can use to streamline their outreach process and save time.
- Email tracking: Helps track and report on key metrics, such as email opens and clicks, allowing sales teams to gauge recipient engagement and make informed follow-up decisions.
- Cadences: Enables sales teams to create and automate their outreach processes, or "cadences," through a series of pre-defined email and task templates that are triggered based on specific events or conditions.
- Meeting scheduling: Integrates with calendar tools like Google Calendar and Outlook, allowing sales teams to schedule and manage their meetings directly from the platform.
- CRM integration: Outreach syncs to Salesforce to automatically update contact information and records.
Custom pricing upon request. We’ll let you in on a little secret–it don’t come cheap.
No free trial available.
Main differences between Outreach and Apollo.io
Outreach is a sales engagement solution that is made for larger organizations with big SDR teams, whereas Apollo.io’s sales engagement features are lacking and wouldn’t be able to handle day-to-day outreach activities. However, Apollo.io has an Outreach integration that can make up for its own shortcomings. It’s worth noting that if you’re looking for a solution that your AEs and CSMs can also use, neither Outreach nor Apollo.io will be a great fit.
Salesloft is a popular sales engagement solution that is ideal for high-volume prospecting by SDR teams. It’s jam-packed with features that are meant to help sales teams communicate more effectively and drive better results.
- Cadences: Lets sales reps create and define sales cadences and set up triggers based on specific events or conditions.
- Sales playbooks: Gives new reps instant access to successful sales plays, cadence examples, and best practices so they can quickly start producing revenue.
- Analytics and reporting: Offers real-time analytics and reporting on outreach activities, performance, and results.
- Personalization tokens: Provides a range of personalization tokens that sales reps can use to add dynamic and personalized content to their emails and other messages, such as the recipient's name or company name.
- Integrations: Integrates with a range of tools and services, such as Google Calendar, Salesforce, and Slack, allowing sales reps to access and manage their data and activities from a central location.
Custom pricing upon request.
No free trial available :(
Main differences between Salesloft and Apollo.io
Apollo.io is a complete data intelligence solution while Salesloft offers a wide range of sales engagement features and functionality. The latter is the ideal choice between the two if your team needs to boost engagement with prospects and accelerate pipeline. But if you’re looking for a sales engagement solution that’s for smaller companies and ideal for the whole revenue team, Salesloft might still not fit the bill.
Frequently asked questions about Apollo.io alternatives
How much does Apollo.io cost?
Apollo.io has a range of plans available, including its Basic plan at $39 per user/month, its Professional plan at $79 per user/month, and its Organization plan at $79 per user/month (min 5 users).
What type of tool is Apollo.io?
Apollo.io is a sales intelligence tool that provides real-time data and insights on prospects. It uses AI and machine learning to gather data from various sources. It provides access to a large database of contacts that is ideal for lead discovery.