Platform Engineer (EMEA Timezones)
Exciting news - Mixmax hit $10 million in annual revenue and we’re profitable! We just raised more money and are looking to invest more to accelerate growth. We’re looking for great people to help us ship high-quality automation features to meet the needs of bigger customers.
For this role, we want to hire a quality-focused engineer to join our globally distributed team who can help us build a robust infrastructure to support our product and our team years into the future. You'll be responsible for improving and strengthening the foundation of our system, improving our team's developer experience, addressing our organizational security needs, and participating in collaborative decision-making about our architecture.
Within the first month, you'll:
- Work with Terraform, Node, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, and AWS.
- Become familiar with our infosec, data management, and monitoring systems and processes.
- Make impactful improvements to our production infrastructure.
- Contribute to the development of critical projects, working closely with other engineers.
- Work with your team to improve our architectural patterns, scalability, and developer experience.
- Take ownership of several key processes and responsibility areas important to our platform and team's goals.
Preferred skills and background:
- Mixmax is still growing fast, so we love new teammates who strive to grow personally and professionally, beyond just expanding their technical abilities.
- We take pride in the quality of our work, so we're looking for engineers with experience maintaining and supporting the systems they've built.
- We're a distributed team working in multiple time zones, so excellent documentation and communication skills are paramount!
- We recognize that it's important to be able to collaborate synchronously with teammates sometimes. To join important meetings and pair program with teammates, we ask that you have the flexibility to work from 9 AM - 11 AM Pacific Time on some days as needed
It’s also awesome (and 100% not a requirement!) for you to:
- Have worked in a distributed codebase with microservices and shared modules.
- Be familiar with secondary tools in our tech stack, like Elasticsearch or Redis.
- Have worked on a Google Chrome extension or Salesforce integration.
- Be able to refer other great engineers to work at Mixmax! 😉
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Mixmax, we know that nobody's perfect, and that no one ever matches 100% with a job description. That's okay–we're human after all! Diversity and inclusion are core to our culture, and we're actively committed to building a more inclusive and open workplace. No matter your background or how you identify, if you're excited about this role, please apply today!
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and any other local ordinances, Mixmax will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Mixmax story
At Mixmax, our vision is a world without busywork. Since our launch in 2015, Mixmax has become the product of choice for over 10,000 Sales and Customer Success teams to eliminate and automate repetitive work. This means more time to focus on what matters: engaging and serving the needs of customers.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built. We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group that values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
Our company is distributed, with remote team members worldwide and headquarters in San Francisco. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, and generous benefits. And you get to work on a product people absolutely love!