Senior Tech Recruiter (EMEA Timezones)
Remote / EMEA
Exciting news - Mixmax hit $10 million in annual revenue and we’re profitable! We just raised more money and are looking to invest more to accelerate growth. We are looking for a Senior Recruiter to help us grow our team. We are 40+ people, working as a fully distributed team (no office) across the US, LatAm, and Europe. We are profitable, and fund growth with our own revenue, which we believe is the best way to create a generational company.
This is a hugely impactful role as our first, full-time, in-house recruiter. You’ll own filling our open reqs, and all other talent & recruiting-related matters. While you’ll focus on technical roles, you may occasionally fill GTM roles as well, although we currently work with a full-time contractor on GTM roles, and expect to continue to do so for some time. Initially, you’ll report to the CEO. As the Talent and HR team grows, it’s likely you’ll report to a new manager.
You love full-cycle recruiting: helping hiring managers frame their needs, finding diverse talent for whom Mixmax is a perfect fit, and articulating the tremendous opportunities we have ahead. In particular, you know how to excel in the EMEA markets (and LatAm secondarily). This role is about turbo-charging our current recruiting efforts. We already have the basics of job approval processes, preflights, interview guidelines, scorecards, and candidate debriefs in place. While these can certainly be improved, that won’t be the core focus.
You are enthusiastic and persuasive. The candidate experience is always front and center for you. You’re on a “texting” basis with them, and never drop the ball. One of your superpowers is being a coach: helping candidates identify what’s most important to them. When an opportunity at Mixmax matches what a candidate is looking for, magic happens. We want diverse and passionate candidates who will add to our culture, and push the business forward.
Similarly, we hope to get you excited about our mission: eliminating busywork for people in customer-facing roles! This is an underserved market, and we have the easiest-to-use product in the space. We hope you’ll be thrilled building the team behind our category-defining product!
This is a really unique opportunity to shape the future of a profitable and fully distributed company at an inflection point in its growth.
Within 3 months, you’ll
- Hire your first, new teammates (maybe even leadership roles)!
- Build a strong pipeline of diverse, technical talent (mainly engineers).
- Become the internal expert on all talent-related matters (hiring processes, tooling owner etc).
Within 6 months, you’ll
- Develop a strategy to grow our team globally: primarily in EMEA, secondarily in LatAm.
- Ensure our employer branding and presence is incredibly compelling.
- Contribute to the culture of our growing team.
Within 9 months, you’ll
- Improve our hiring process and establish KPIs to make sure it’s high performing and promotes diversity.
- Contribute to employee engagement initiatives.
- Partner with hiring managers on how to best grow their teams long-term.
- 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience of which at least 3 in-house (i.e. not at an agency).
- Experience working at early stage startups (<100 people).
- Experience working in a fully-distributed/remote company, across time zones.
- As a distributed team, we mainly rely on asynchronous communication. That being said, sometimes live collaboration is critical, and you'll want to make yourself available to overlap with teammates across EMEA to US pacific time zones (probably ~3h per day).
- Track record of hiring top technical talent globally.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Experience improving diversity, and ensuring hiring processes are equitable.
- Track record of being a self-starter and succeeding in ambiguous environments.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Mixmax, we know that nobody's perfect, and that no one ever matches 100% with a job description. That's okay–we're human after all! Diversity and inclusion are core to our culture, and we're actively committed to building a more inclusive and open workplace. No matter your background or how you identify, if you're excited about this role, please apply today!
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and any other local ordinances, Mixmax will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Mixmax story
At Mixmax, our vision is a world without busywork. Since our launch in 2015, Mixmax has become the product of choice for over 10,000 Sales and Customer Success teams to eliminate and automate repetitive work. This means more time to focus on what matters: engaging and serving the needs of customers.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built. We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group that values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
Our company is distributed with remote team members worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, and generous benefits. And you get to work on product people absolutely love!